Southampton Car Accident Attorney
Hurt in a Car Crash in Southampton?
Our Southampton Car Accident Attorney Offers Free Initial Consultations
At a moment’s notice, your entire life can be turned upside down due to a car accident. You can lose a friend or family member in the traffic collision, incur a significant property loss, may find yourself arrested or in legal trouble, or can incur a significant physical injury that can impair your ability to live your life the way you wish. However, our Southampton car accident attorney is here to help you put your life back together.
At the Law Offices of James W. Sutton, III, we have been helping auto accident injury victims for years. We can assist you in filing a car insurance claim against the at-fault driver and can advocate for you in court if you do not receive a fair settlement offer. We understand that car accident injuries can affect every aspect of your life. Therefore, we can investigate your accident and always fight for full and fair compensation for our clients.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Southampton?
The steps you take after a car accident can affect your later car accident claim. In order to protect your right to compensation, you should:
- Assess Your Post-Accident Situation. After a car accident, you are likely to be in a bit of shock and uncertain about just what happened. Spend some time to understand your current condition. Are you in any pain or incur any specific property losses as a result of the accident? What condition are you, your co-travelers, and your vehicle in? Is this car accident likely to have any lasting impacts on your life going forward?
- Seek Medical Attention. If you are in any specific pain or have fear of future pain, then you should seek medical attention right away. Doing so will provide two major benefits. First, visiting a doctor will allow you to get the care that you need to feel better or to help to minimize the negative health impact of your car accident. The second major benefit is less obvious. When you visit a doctor, you have a written document trail by a professional of the injuries that you suffered in the car accident. This can be a valuable benefit in case of a future lawsuit.
- Contact the Police. It is important to also contact the police major and even minor traffic accidents. It is likely that the police will come to the scene of the accident, whether you call or not. However, always be sure to contact them so that they can document the accident that occurred. This provides some documentation regarding the accident scene and the circumstances surrounding the accident.
- Call a Southampton Car Accident Attorney. Seeking legal counsel as soon as possible after a traffic accident is the best way to protect your right to compensation.
What Are Common Causes of Car Accidents?
When you work with Southampton car accident attorney Jamie Sutton, he can perform an overall assessment of what caused the wreck. There are many different causes of car accidents, but some of the most common examples include:
- Distracted driving. Common driver distractions include texting while driving, talking on the phone and speaking to passengers. However, there are many other distracted driving behaviors that can be difficult to investigate. Working with a lawyer is crucial so that you can discover the true cause of an accident.
- Drunk driving. Drinking and driving is illegal in all 50 states. If a drunk driver caused your accident, then any criminal charges or convictions can work in your favor for your civil claim.
- Machinery failure. Auto defects, especially defects that affect the brakes and safety systems, like airbags, may cause or contribute to your car accident injuries.
- Roadway defects. Negligent roadway design, poor signage or lack of necessary maintenance can cause car crashes. A lawyer can help you file a claim against the responsible organization or government entity.
- Speeding. Speeding may result in serious car accidents and even wrongful death. An attorney can help determine if speeding played a role in your crash.
- Other negligence. Any negligence by another motorist has the potential to cause a wreck. This includes ignoring traffic lights and signals, as well as driving recklessly.
Understanding what led to your car accident could help you to understand what your course-of-action should be. Our Southampton car accident attorney will evaluate the facts and circumstances surrounding the accident and determine what parties may be liable for your injuries.
Need Help? Contact Our Southampton Car Accident Attorney Today
If your car accident was not your fault, and even if it is partially your fault, then you might be able to recover some compensation for your injury. In some cases, this is essential due to the loss of life or significant medical bills that could accumulate post-injury. James W. Sutton III, a Southampton car accident attorney, focuses a large portion of his practice on personal injury cases and has the experience and expertise to assist you in holding the responsible party accountable. Contact him today for legal help.